Thursday, January 3, 2008

In Robyn's Garden, Plus Other Musings

Guess what? My workplace was flooded with raw sewage yesterday morning (thanks to the brilliant folks next door at Subway), so we've all been ordered out until Monday. So, what have I been up to? Well, I've spotted the first flowers of 2008 in my garden (see below). Plus, I've been working on a quilt block for framing (pics to come). I've also decided to try making a blouse from an actual pattern, though I'm a bit nervous about the outcome. I'll keep you updated!

Finally, I'm hoping to meet up with some other Houston-area crafters in the near future. I'm imagining a casual get-together to make new friends and share projects. So, if you (or anyone you know) is interested in joining in on the fun, let me know!

2 comments:

Penelope said...

Dude, so you don't have to go to work UNTIL MONDAY???

You got a Teacher's winter holiday (almost). Of course when you get back you'll have double the work. Oh well, it's still a few extra days off!!!

-- Karen

Unknown said...

You might want to browse the groups on meetup.com to see if there's anything that interests you:
http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/houston/#Crafts